plan a trip
Yercaud is the perfect escape for a relaxing and reviving holiday in Tamil Nadu. Luxuriant fields, sedating ambiance, and stupendous beauty best define the popular tourist attraction of Yercaud. Located in the Salem District and tucked away in the Shevaroy Ranges in the Eastern Ghats, Yercaud is one of the most-visited hill stations in South India. The name Yercaud is derived from two words ‘Yeri’ which means lake and ‘Kaadu’ refers to forests. Yercaud Lake, Lady’s Seat, Shevaroy Temple, Anna Park, Bears Cave, Orchidarium, Pagoda Point, Kiliyur Falls, and Arthur Seat are some of the tourism destinations in Yercaud that one must visit.
- Yercaud Lake- The Yercaud Lake is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in Yercaud. Providing stunning, panoramic views of the hills and lush green lawns of this hill station, this Lake also barges out as one of the most sought after destinations in Yercaud.
- Pagoda Point- The Pagoda Point is the perfect Yercaud tourist place to embrace the mind with solace and tranquillity. Bestowed with captivating and scenic views of the hill station, the Pagoda Point offers the most sprawling outlook of Yercaud and its enchanting essence.
- Bears Cave- The cave is believed to be created by the bears and according to the primitive people of this surrounding, the cave also served as a secret hideout and escape route to the mighty ruler Tipu Sultan.
- Kiliyur Waterfall- The waterfall is one of the best places to visit in Yercaud. Considered as one of the most beautiful waterfalls in India, the enchanting and fascinating beauty of this 300 ft high waterfall will leave an indelible imprint on your mind and heart.
- Deer Park- For all the nature and animal lovers as well as those who has kids in their family; especially kids who holds a gleeful aspect for animals, this park is must visit Yercaud tourist places.