plan a trip
The glory of the blue-hued Nilgiri Mountains in Tamil Nadu enhance the charm of the little town, Ooty. Charming bungalows, bustling town center streets, and chaotic streets strike as unique tourist attractions in Ooty. People seek Ooty for pleasant family vacation, romantic honeymoon time or even a relaxing weekend. Bask in picturesque scenery while riding the Nilgiri Toy train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Doddabetta tea factory welcomes with the aroma of freshly brewed tea. Beautiful trails to trek, amazing boating experiences as well as panoramic views make your holiday worthwhile. Ooty also specializes in delicious chocolate which make for delightful shopping.
- Visit Rose Garden- A tremendous number of visitors come hooked for exploring the gardens specialized for growing roses. It is said that there are 17256 rose plants and 1919 varieties of roses that attracts tourists frequently.
- Ooty Tea Factory- Located 4 km from city center, perched at an altitude of 1839 m, quench your thirst for knowledge of tea.
- Visit Doddapetta park- Basically known as big mountain, the peak is specialized for panoramic views of Eastern and the Western Ghats. The enamoring Nilgiri mountain ranges provides sight of beautiful views of sunset and nature. Telescopes are provided by Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation to watch the distant hills of Chamundi hills.
- Visit Botanical Garden- Spread over 22 hectares, the garden is known as the home of flowers and also more than 650 species of trees. Also, get the chance to pay a visit to Todas who are original tribes of Ooty.
- Mudumalai Bird Sanctuary- Located just 2 km from the city, the national park is a well-known for tiger reserve sanctuary. One can spend wonderful moments at Mayar waterfalls. It is haven to wildlife, like deer, spotted deer, peacock, grey jungle fowl, and other migratory water birds.
- Ooty Lake- The star attraction of Ooty, the lake is spread over an area of 65 acres. Skirted by Eucalyptus trees, the lake is fed by streams flowing down the hills. It is best regarded for beautiful snapshots and amazing scenarios. It is also specialized in hiring boats, paddle boats, and other motor boats from the house. It is advised to visit Ooty Lake on weekends.