plan a trip
Nine Planets Temples (Navagraham temples) in Tamil Nadu is a set of nine Hindu temples, each dedicated to one of the nine planetary deities, the Navagraham in various places around the South Indian own of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, India. The presiding deity in most of the temples is Shiva, with a shrine dedicated to the planetary deity. Leaving Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple which is located in Karaikkal, all the other temples are located in Tamil Nadu.
- Suryanar Temple: Suryanar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Hindu Sun-God, located in Suryanar Kovil, a village near the South Indian town of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, India. The presiding deity is Suriyanar, the Sun and his consorts Ushadevi and Pratyusha Devi.
- Kailasanathar Temple: The Kailasanathar temple is a Hindu temple in the village of Thingalur, 33 kilometres from Kumbakonam on the Kumbakonam - Thiruvayyar road. The presiding deity is moon.
- Vaitheeswaran Temple: Vaitheeswaran Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Lord Shiva, located in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The presiding deity is mars.
- Swetharanyeswarar Temple: Swetharanyeswarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Shiva, located in Thiruvenkadu, a village in Nagapattinam district in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The presiding deity is mercury.
- Apatsahayesvarar Temple: Apatsahayesvarar Temple is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in the village of Alangudi. The presiding deity is jupiter.
- Agniswarar Temple: The Agniswarar Temple Hindu temple in the village of Kanjanur, 18 kilometres north-east of Kumbakonam. The presiding deity is venus.
- Tirunallar Temple: Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shani located in Tirunallar in Karaikal district of Pondicherry, India. The presiding deity is saturn.
- Tirunageswaram Temple: Tirunageswaram Naganathar Temple also known as Rahu Stalam is a Hindu temple dedicated to the deity Shiva, located in Tirunageswaram.
- Nagannathaswamy Temple: The Naganatha Swamy Temple is a Hindu temple in the village of Keezhaperumpallam, 2 kilometres from Poompuhar. The presiding deity is Ketu, a shadow planet.