plan a trip
One of the most important cities of Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore lies at the foothills of the Nilgiri Hills and is one of the most influential cities of Tamil Nadu. One of the most important cites of Tamil Nadu, a tour to Coimbatore is a definite requirement if you are planning a trip to Tamil Nadu. Once, an important part of the Vijayanagar Kingdom, the beautiful city of Coimbatore has always been regarded as one of the most important influences in the political as well as economic affairs of Tamil Nadu. It was around the city of Coimbatore that a number of principalities were later set up which contributed to the territorial expansion of Tamil Nadu.
- VOC Park and Zoo (Amusement Park): A zoo that has a bit of everything, the VOC Park and Zoo is definitely one of the must-visits while on a trip to Coimbatore.
- Agriculture University: One of the best universities of Asia, the Agriculture University is also home to the to a 300 acres Botanical Garden.
- Perur Temple: One of the most revered temples of Southern India, the Perur Temple is one of the seven Kongu Sivalayams.
- Marudhamalai temple: Dedicated to Lord Subramanya, the Marudhamalai temple is one of the most respected temples of Coimbatore and legend claims that this holy site was often the ground where a number of miracles took place.
- Forest College: Though primarily a college which enjoys the prestigious distinction of being one of the oldest educational institutes of India, the Forest College is definitely one of the must-visits while on a tour to Coimbatore.